Library hours: Monday- Friday form 8:15 to 16:15.
Telephone to reading room: +48 (22) 38 10 273
Telephone to head of the library: +48 (22) 38 10 246
E-mail: dagmara dot borkowska at ibspan dot waw dot pl
The Institute’s Library
The library of the Institute fulfils the role of the generally accessible community scientific library in the domain of operational research and related areas. It provides service to the scientific community of the Polish Academy of Sciences and other scientific centres from the whole world. The Library of the Institute is the only institution in Poland, making available the literature from the broadly meant systems domain to scientists, Ph.D. and graduate students. It is the main centre in Warsaw, and in the country, collecting and making available the materials from IIASA (Austria). The library maintains an up-to-date computer catalogue of these materials.
For several years already the Institute takes part in “Agreement of Institutions of the Polish Academy of Sciences on computerisation of libraries”. In 2008, further implementation work has been done regarding the Horizon system (generally accessible library databases). It includes the sets of bibliographical records of 20 libraries of the Academy, taking part in the Agreement and also records of other worldwide bibliographical databases. The database contains the descriptions of books, journals from compilations of the Institute’s library.
The library of SRI PAS has, in the framework of the Virtual Library ICM, access to the following databases:
- Virtual Library (ICM) (Elsevier, Kluwer, Springer);
- Database SCI-Ex in the system of Web Knowledge;
- Springer on-line;
- Bibliographical database Science Citation Index-Expanded (SCI-Ex);
- Bibliographical database Scholar;
- Bibliographical database Zentralblatt für Mathematik;
- Central Mathematical Library;
- MathSciNet Mathematical Reviews on the Web;
- Mathematics Subject Classification;
- AMS-abbreviation of serial mathematics publishing houses;
- AMS Electronic-only Journals;
- EBSCO-IPS Electronic Journal Service;
- The library’s catalogue Horizon.